Sunday, April 3, 2011

Who Am I to Be?

Who am I to be Oh Lord?
What is my desire?
What is it that's deep within that sets my heart on fire?

All my life I've tried to be who others want me to,
I've run in circles, jumped through hoops
For praise that came too few.

I feel so tired, so all alone
Ready to give in.
Will I ever find the love I need?
The love I need to win.

Some say you love no matter what,
No matter where we've gone.
Could there really be someone there?
When I'm weak, He is strong?

Who am I to be, Oh Lord?
What is your desire?
What is it you see in me that sets my heart on fire?

Can you see past the pain and sin,
Past the guilt and shame?
Can you still love me after all and
Does your love remain the same?
Are you someone who won't laugh at me,
Or hurt me or betray?
Someone who will never say those two words...
Go away!

I need for you to love me Lord.
For you to set me on fire,
Please Abba, draw me near to you 
Show me your hearts desire.

Will you take my hopes, my dreams, my plans
Not crush or laugh them away?
Will you really stand alongside me, 
Give me the strength that I need to stay.
Cheering me on, believing in me, drying my tears when I fall,
Showing me that by your love,I'm not alone afterall.
Who do you want me to be Oh Lord?
Give me your heart's desire.
Dear Jesus, I vow to follow you
And help to spread your fire.

written 7/27/2000

No comments:

Post a Comment