Saturday, May 14, 2011

To have TOTAL health!

I started a fitness challenge with some my friends Kera and Amy.  We have committed to each doing 90 minutes of cardio a week.  We usually get past this and do 60-90 per day!  It's a way for us to stay motivated and accountable.

I have also been thinking about my eating and the options that are out there: vegetarian, paleo, atkins, southbeach, weight watchers, jenny craig, nutrisystems....... and one thing keeps coming back to my mind, what was different in my grandparents and parents day.  They ate more natural foods, I heard a quote I agree with, if I don't understand what's in it, I shouldn't eat it.

So this is my quest, to eat naturally, move more and increase strength and health.  To heck with the "perfect size" or shape, but it's about how I feel, and move!  I may never go under 200 lbs, but if I'm fit and healthy and at my best then that's what's important.  

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment